Walk a Kb or Two in my Moccasins- Nobody 'splained it to me like that!

Simple answers to Complex Questions and Complex Answers to Simple Questions. In real life, I'm a Greater-Toronto (Canada) Realtor with RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Ltd, Brokerage. I first joined RE/MAX in 1983 and was first Registered to Trade in Real Estate in Ontario in 1974. Formerly known as "Two-Finger Ramblings of a Forensic Acuitant turned Community Synthesizer"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Province of Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The buyer has contacted me about buying the house FSBO. What should I do?

Q ...

I had a listing contract for my house expired on Sept 10th. The agent brought me an offer on Sept 9th. We still don't have a ratified contract with the buyer. The listing agent has not asked for an extension of the listing contract. The buyer has contacted me about buying the house FSBO. What should I do?
 
from Zoocasa's Ask the Pros"
A .....
 
Robert Ede



Tell your Listing Broker about the Buyer's Back-door approach.



Have Listing Broker inform Buyer's Broker.



If Buyer contacts you again, tell him/her what you've done and tell him/her to continue bargaining in good faith thru same Buyer's rep.



In the meantime, truly examine your options (discounting completely the sell-it-direct-to-buyer-at a lower price idea).



If you've been for sale 65+ days and your "optimal completion date" is within 45 days (assuming buyer is meeting that date) ... offer a lower counter-proposal to buyer's last proposal in writing thru the brokers.



Sounds like buyer has the upper hand. Make an offer that appeals to him/her, so he/she can solve YOUR problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Politics Blog Top Sites