Walk a Kb or Two in my Moccasins- Nobody 'splained it to me like that!

Simple answers to Complex Questions and Complex Answers to Simple Questions. In real life, I'm a Greater-Toronto (Canada) Realtor with RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Ltd, Brokerage. I first joined RE/MAX in 1983 and was first Registered to Trade in Real Estate in Ontario in 1974. Formerly known as "Two-Finger Ramblings of a Forensic Acuitant turned Community Synthesizer"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Province of Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 11, 2010

My realtor is acting as both seller's and buyer's agent.

From Zoocasa Ask the Pro's Section

Q..... My realtor is acting as both seller's and buyer's agent. This is my first experience as a seller, I did not know if there should be concern here. But it's becoming obvious that my agent is looking out for the buyer rather than me. I am very uncomfortable and want to put a stop to this. I haven't signed anything yet. Will the buyer or the agent have any claim against me if I do put a stop to this?

A.....Robert Ede

If you are concerned.
Make your concerns known verbally.

Then ask registrant to review with you the provisions in your existing Listing Agreement outlining his/her "modified" duties under a Multiple Representation situation.

If still unclear and uncertain, and time is not available for you to wait ... sign the deal subject to your lawyer approving the "form, content, price and financial terms" within the next 2 business days.

Tell Registrant you'll sign the offer if s/he'll convince the Buyer to allow the lawyer condition and meet with your lawyer after your lawyer has had an opportunity to review the agreement and any difficulties appear.

This clarification of the Multiple Representation procedure should allow everyone's self-interests to appear and the lawyer's approval condition allow you to contently proceed without compromising the "deal at hand".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Politics Blog Top Sites