Walk a Kb or Two in my Moccasins- Nobody 'splained it to me like that!

Simple answers to Complex Questions and Complex Answers to Simple Questions. In real life, I'm a Greater-Toronto (Canada) Realtor with RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Ltd, Brokerage. I first joined RE/MAX in 1983 and was first Registered to Trade in Real Estate in Ontario in 1974. Formerly known as "Two-Finger Ramblings of a Forensic Acuitant turned Community Synthesizer"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Province of Greater Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 11, 2010

When will we be able to list without agents?

From Zoocasa Ask the Pro's Section

Q... When will we be able to list without agents?


A... Robert Ede

Your real/root question (that was prompted by poor facts in the newspaper coverage of the Competition Bureau's self-serving 2009 crusade against the Canadian Real Estate Association) is when can I list my home on MLS.ca for no/little commission?

You might try to considered this instead: Is my objective to realize the greatest "net amount" of money for my property? or to obtain the satisfaction of not paying a commission?

These two objectives are almost always mutually exclusive.

The "MLS"tm Price that is available to a Seller by paying both a)a Listing Broker and b)paying a Buyer's representative "some kind of fee" is not often available to a non-"MLS"tm Seller.

It's not available because the Buyer won't pay it:
1)rarely is the non-"MLS"tm Seller able to create the urgency/fear-of-loss atmosphere;
2)the Buyer's first reason for offering the non"MLS"tm Seller less is "you're not paying any commission, so I'm offering you 94% of (optimally)"appraised value;
3)if this thought does not occur to the Buyer ... it certainly will occur in the mind of his Lawyer, Friend, Advisor or Registerred Broker-cut-out-of-the-deal.

Sadly it's a bit difficult to offer-for-sale and negotiate-to-conclusion "both ways" to thereby make an actual comparision of the method producing the "greatest net".

If you live near the GTA I can show you how to go about it .... but I cannot do that for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Politics Blog Top Sites